HALT is always in need of dedicated volunteers in addition to financial support. There are many ways you can be a part of the program based on the amount of time you have available to give. Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Eight Classes total: meet twice per week, 1 hour each class
- Pick a class:
- Mon/Wed: 1:30-2:30pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Tues/Thurs: 1:30-2:30 or 6:30-7:30pm
- No Experience Necessary: Learn alongside the kids and dogs following an instructor’s lead.
- Must be able to commit to all 8 classes. We want our kids to know that we are committed to being there for them since they’ve committed to being there for us.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Since we are working with minors, class volunteers must complete a background check with their application.
- Introduce the HALT dogs to the public at area businesses to help them find their forever homes
- Inform the public about the HALT program and ways to volunteer
- Assist in transporting dogs to and from events
- Attend events in the Knoxville area to promote the HALT program. Examples of events include:
- Work with fundraising committee to find and secure sponsors for the program and special events.
- Work with fundraising committee to find grants to help support the program.
Email our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of these opportunities or download our application here HALT Volunteer Application. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
Find H.A.L.T. on: